NHPC Credits: 15
Join us for this 2½-day intensive and comprehensive Shiatsu for Health Practitioners – Level 1. You will learn the basic concepts of shiatsu, specific techniques for treating common conditions and specific muscles, as well as how to combine shiatsu with massage and other modalities. Learn techniques, which will allow you to effortlessly increase pressure depth, which clients often crave. These deep tissue techniques will enhance your treatments, creating greater release and client satisfaction.In this course you will learn:
– Basic concepts of Shiatsu
– Indications and contraindications
– Basic shiatsu technique
– Physiological effects of Shiatsu
– How to perform a full body Shiatsu treatment
– Integrating shiatsu with massage and other modalities
– The majority of this course will be focused on Shiatsu deep tissue massage techniques (non-meridian style of Shiatsu), as 3 days is not enough time to learn Traditional Chinese medicine.
– Students will effectively learn Shiatsu techniques to release hypertonicity in major muscle groups, treat common conditions such as headaches, lumbago, shoulder injuries, carpal tunnel, stress, sciatica, whiplash, fibromyalgia, as well as minor systemic conditions such as indigestion, constipation, insomnia, dysmenorrhoea and pain syndromes.
– Students will also be introduced to some common acupressure points, as well as abdominal shiatsu treatment techniques, known as Ampuku.
(Thursday) 1:00pm – 4:00 pm
(Friday) 9:00am – 5:00pm
(Saturday): 9:00am – 5:00pm
Course date: April 25-27, 2019 (Thurs-Sat)
Credits: NHPC: 15 | MTAA: 9.5 Sec | RMTA: 12 | CRMTA: 14
This material is copyrighted by Seminars for Health and must not be taught or sold