Date and Time: June 30, 2020
Location: Canada, AB
Instructor: Diane Brough
The following course listing is brought to you by a paid advertiser. NHPC does not necessarily endorse this listing or the provider. Questions, concerns, or applause regarding this listing should be directed to the provider via the contact info listed below, and NOT to the NHPC.
June 30, 2020 Canada and Internationally, ongoing enrolment
This online course is designed for individuals who are passionate about health & wellbeing, whether on an informal basis whereby it will enable you to work out sound nutritional regimes for yourself or for members of your family, or on a professional basis whereby nutrition is a feature of your line of work and a better understanding of the subject will enhance the service that you provide. Although this is not a practitioner level course, it will benefit any health care professional who wants to expand his or her knowledge of nutrition and health.
Course duration: 3 to 6 months
Assessment: Multiple choice questions and 1 short final essay
In studying this course, you will:
• Be introduced to the concept of naturopathy
• Gain a general understanding of the subject of health and nutrition
• Grasp the fundamentals of the cell's need for nutrients
• Appreciate the role of carbohydrates, fats, proteins, vitamins and minerals and understand the basics of how these nutrients work in the body
• Be aware of the enormous health benefits that can come from favourable dietary change
• Gain a general understanding of nutrition to supplement your professional base
This course is especially useful if you are working in:
Voluntary health care or employment in massage therapy, health and fitness, weight control, catering, the health food market or the nutrition business as well as complementary practices such as osteopathy, chiropractic, acupuncture, homoeopathy, reflexology or aromatherapy.
Upon completion of this course, you can transition easily onto the Diploma in Nutritional Consultancy and be exempt from part 1 of this course, or you can advance onto the Professional Diploma in Nutritional Therapy. Both of these practitioner level diplomas are recognized by the Canadian Association of Natural Nutritional Practitioners.