"Thai Massage on the Table" ~ ITM Thai Massage School of Chiang Mai, Thailand Method
Date and Time: October 17, 2020
Location: Edmonton, AB
Price: $495 CAD +GST Early Bird when placing a $100 non-refundable deposit by Sept. 30th
Instructor: Sharon Brown-Horton, Affiliate Instructor of the ITM Thai Massage School of Chiang Mai, Thailand
The following course listing is brought to you by a paid advertiser. NHPC does not necessarily endorse this listing or the provider. Questions, concerns, or applause regarding this listing should be directed to the provider via the contact info listed below, and NOT to the NHPC.
Join Sharon for this fun and easy to learn "Thai Massage on the Table" 2-day course! You will walk away with many ways on how to apply this versatile and holistic technique into your existing massage, or create your own custom therapy! Everything learned in class can also be done on a floor mat - perfect for Yoga studios, Gyms and Massage Therapy Clinics.
Sharon is an Affiliate and Graduate instructor (2004) of the "ITM Thai Massage School" based in Chiang Mai Thailand - all courses follow the same curriculum as that of the school and utilize the same workbooks that are used in the school.
Training Location: Healing Connections 10548 - 115 St. Edmonton
SAVE! on Early Bird Tuition when paying a $100 deposit by Sept. 20th, 2020 $495 +GST / Total $519.75 > Contact Sharon directly with your registration request at: firstname.lastname@example.org or text/call 604-773-2645
Late Tuition: After Sept. 20, 2020 : $525 +TX / Tuition includes workbook
This 'Thai Massage on the Table' course is well suited to both beginners as well as experienced Thai Massage practitioners alike. No pre-requisites are required.
- Learn a combination of Northern and Southern style Thai Massage in the Supine, Prone and Side Lying positions, as it can be applied on the Massage Table - the practitioner has the option to either stay on the floor, or to move on and off the table. Many possibilities will be explored throughout this course.
- Curriculum Day #1: Today's work is with recipient in Supine & Side Lying Postures
- Learn how to perform 'walking palm pressure', elbow & thumb acupressure and thumb & finger circles as it applies to the method of Thai Massage to target the legs, hips & arms with the recipient in the Supine & Side Lying positions.
- Learn how to work 8-Reflexology points and the Sen Kalathari Energy for the feet. Benefits and organs targeted will be discussed.
- Learn passive stretches for the hips, hip flexors, hamstrings, calves, chest, shoulders & triceps, plus hip & spinal R.O.M.
- Learn how to apply Thai Massage and Reflexology points on the arms & hands
- Curriculum Day #2: Todays work will be focusing on work with the recipient in the Prone & Supine Positions
- Learn how to work Thai Massage & Passive Thai Yoga stretches with the recipient in the Prone Position today and will include some reflexology points for the feet, as well as the Sen Kalathari Energy Line.
- Learn how to perform acupressure work along Energy Lines of the back of legs and the Sen Itta & Pingkala Lines of the Back
- Learn how to perform assisted stretches for the hip flexors, in addition to a passive Cobra Stretch
- The day is completed with work on the shoulders, chest, neck, face and scalp with the recipient in the Supine Position and will include some stretches for the Latissimus Dorsi and Biceps
- Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to perform a 60 - 90 minute whole body Thai Massage that includes Passive Yogic Stretching for the major muscle groups, R.O.M. for all of the joints and energetic work on the 3-major Sen Lines ?
Instructor: Sharon Brown-Horton, Registered Affiliate Instructor of the ITM Thai Massage School, Chiang Mai, Thailand
Course Cost: $525.00 CAD +gst / Early Bird Pricing: $495 CAD +gst when paying a non-refundable deposit of $100 by Sept. 20, 2020. Course balance owing is due 14 days prior to first course date.
How to register:
Step 1: Pay a $100 non-refundable deposit towards the full amount of $519.75 ($495 course + $24.75GST) by contacting Sharon directly at email@example.com > state what course you wish to register for > she will send you an invoice by SQUARE PAYMENTS that is payable online from your phone, tablet or computer with your credit card.
**COVID-19 NOTICE: Should the course need to be cancelled due to newly imposed COVID-19 restrictions, or student illness, a full refund will be issued.
Step 2: Once your deposit has been received, you will be sent more course information on what to bring/what to wear/course location/parking/etc. A reading assignment will be sent to you after your full balance has been paid 14 days prior to first day of course. The balance amount owing will be $319.75 > Another invoice will automatically be generated by SQUARE PAYMENTS, at which time you can pay online with credit.
COVID-19 Safety Precautions & Personal Protection
during all courses
The following list of Precautions is not necessarily finalized and may change from time to time with additional elements being added, as the COVID-19 situation changes.
- Students must wear a protective mask throughout the course. Goggles, face shield and/or gloves are optional. Students must be aware that the Instructor, Sharon will be travelling to all cities by air (except for Vancouver) and will be arriving a maximum of 15 hours prior to when teaching the course begins. Self-isolation for Sharon 10 days prior to the course is not possible (except for Vancouver). Sharon will wear a mask while teaching and will take every precaution to ensure she maintains high levels of sanitization.
- All students will be expected to bring their own yoga mat, massage table (Reflexology and Table courses only), blanket, pillow and your favourite sanitizer (additional sanitizer will also be available during the course). Students will use their own supplies to receive Thai Massage from their pre-assigned partner. When not in use, students are encouraged to wrap or place items in a plastic bag to avoid possible contamination. Please re-sanitize prior to use again.
- It is suggested that students bring a separate change of clean clothing to wear for the course that was not worn coming from home to the course. And vice versa going back home.
- Students will be assigned a specific marked off area to work in with their pre-assigned partner for the day. Students will work with only 1 partner for the whole day.
- To assist with viewing and to avoid having to get too close to other students, Sharon will be using Zoom media during her live classroom demonstrations - students are encouraged to bring their own laptop or Tablet to aid in viewing.
- Health Screening will be performed prior to the course: You will be asked if you have a fever, cough, runny nose, sore throat or loss of sense of smell, or have been exposed to someone recently who is known to have COVID-19. Your temperature will be taken prior to entry into the course training room. Students must sign a Waiver Form, which states that they are free of COVID-19 symptoms and that they release all Sharon from all responsibility if they become ill after attending the course. Students exhibiting any signs of illness will not be permitted to attend the course.
Questions / Registration details: Contact Sharon at firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text 604-773-2645
Please visit the website at
www.BanyanThaiMassage.com for more details