"Thai Yoga Massage: Supine & Seated Postures": ITM Thai Massage School of Chiang Mai, Thailand Method >> This Course is also available with ONLINE LEARNING
Date and Time: April 13, 2021
Location: Calgary, AB
Price: $595 CAD +GST Early Bird when placing a $100 non-refundable deposit by March 15th
Instructor: Sharon Brown-Horton, Affiliate Instructor of the ITM Thai Massage School of Chiang Mai, Thailand
The following course listing is brought to you by a paid advertiser. NHPC does not necessarily endorse this listing or the provider. Questions, concerns, or applause regarding this listing should be directed to the provider via the contact info listed below, and NOT to the NHPC.
Thai Yoga Massage: Supine & Seated Postures (Level 1)
21.0 hours | ITM of Chiang Mai, Thailand Method? | 15.0 NHPC CEC's
3-Days, Tues. April 13 - Thurs. April 15, 2021| 9:30AM - 5:30PM each day
**This course is also available for ONLINE LEARNING
Early Bird Rate: $595 +TX CAD when paying by a $100 deposit by Mar. 15, 2021
After Mar. 15: $650
"Delta Hotel Calgary Downtown" 209 4th Ave. SE Calgary; 3rd Floor (Yoga Studio)
This is an important module in a series of Courses, designed to provide the student with a solid foundation of knowledge. In Level 1, the positions of Supine and Seated are introduced. This is an official course of the renowned “ITM Thai Massage School”.
- The massage curriculum, workbook and methodology are the very same, if you traveled to Thailand to take the course at ITM. The Instructor Sharon Brown-Horton is an Affiliate teacher with the school since 2004. Your Level 1 Certificate is valid when presented to the school in Thailand to advance to Level 2.
Traditional Thai Massage is a unique form of body therapy dating back over 2,500 years to ancient times. This form of massage incorporates gentle rocking, deep stretching and rhythmic compression to create a truly unique and therapeutic massage experience for the recipient. Discover how Thai Massage is both relaxing and therapeutic.
- Students will learn a total of 68 sequences for the whole body in the Supine Position from feet up to the head that combine passive yoga-like Stretches and include some assisted inversion stretches such as Shoulder Stand, Plow and Happy Baby. Seated work includes assisted stretches such as Cat-Cow and other work on spinal mobility.
- Learn how to apply Thai Massage using your feet, elbows, forearms, thumbs and palms to target the legs, feet, hips and back to create a dynamic and unique repertoire for your clients.
- Upon completion of this course, students will be able to perform a complete 90-120 min. set of Thai Yoga Massage, with much of the work that may be directly applied to the Massage Table.
- The use of acupressure, reflexology and compressions will be applied on the “Sen” Energy Lines to initiate internal energy movement in the body. The Sen lines are similar to those found in Ayurvedic and Traditional Chinese Medicine.
- Learn the History, Rules, Methods, Benefits, Directions and Abbreviations of Traditional Thai Massage.
- Student practice on each other, taking turns as Giver and Receiver are followed after detailed teacher demonstrations that address attention to proper body mechanics, delivery method and safety precautions.
- Students will receive a detailed illustrated workbook.
REGISTRATION / CONTACT: To make your registration request, please contact Sharon at email@example.com or call/text 604-773-2645. A $100 non-refundable deposit is due upon registration and can be paid with credit card or Etransfer. The balance of the course amount is due 14 days prior to the first day of the course.