Thai Yoga Massage: Prone, Side Lying & Seated Postures ~ ITM Thai Massage School of Chiang Mai, Thailand Method >> Also available as an Online Zoom Course
Date and Time: May 25, 2021
Location: Edmonton, AB
Price: $595 CAD +GST Early Bird when placing a $100 non-refundable deposit by April 1st, 2021
Instructor: Sharon Brown-Horton, Affiliate Instructor of the ITM Thai Massage School of Chiang Mai, Thailand
The following course listing is brought to you by a paid advertiser. NHPC does not necessarily endorse this listing or the provider. Questions, concerns, or applause regarding this listing should be directed to the provider via the contact info listed below, and NOT to the NHPC.
"Thai Yoga Massage: Side Lying, Prone & Seated Positions"
3 Days: Tues. May 25 - Thurs. May 27, 2021 | 9:30AM - 5:30PM each day
Early Bird Rate: $595 +TX CAD when paying a $100 non-refundable Deposit by April 1st / Total $624.75 | 15 NHPC CEU's
Open to all students with no previous Thai Massage Experience.
'Healing Connections' Wellness Centre
10548 - 115th Street NW, 2nd floor, Edmonton (free parking on the street)
- This is an important module in a series of Courses, designed to provide the student with a solid foundation of knowledge of how to work Thai Massage in all of the four positions. In this course, the positions of Prone, Side Lying and Seated are introduced. This is an official course of the renowned “ITM Thai Massage School”. The massage curriculum, workbook and methodology are the very same, if you traveled to Thailand to take the course at ITM. The Instructor Sharon Brown-Horton is an Affiliate teacher with the school since 2004.
- Traditional Thai Massage is a unique form of body therapy dating back over 2,500 years to ancient times. This form of massage incorporates gentle rocking, deep stretching and rhythmic compression to create a truly unique and therapeutic massage experience for the recipient.
- Curriculum Day #1 of 3: Learn sequences with the recipient in the Side Lying Position with particular focus on the muscles of the back and include work on a major Sen Energy Line (Itta /Pingkala) that helps to relieve back pain. Thai Yoga stretches include those for hip flexors, quadriceps and Spine.
- Curriculum Day #2 of 3: Students will learn sequences with the recipient in the Prone Position to target feet, legs, hips and back. Thai Yoga stretches include those for the Hip Flexors, Quadriceps and Spine, such as Cobra and Seated Bow.
- Curriculum Day #3 of 3: Students will learn comprehensive Thai Massge sequences with the recipient in the Seated Position that focus on working points around the shoulders and down the neck & back. Learn Thai Yoga Stretches that focus on spinal rotation, flexion and extension.
- Students practice on each other, taking turns as Giver and Receiver are followed after detailed teacher demonstrations that address attention to proper body mechanics, delivery method and safety precautions. Students will receive a detailed illustrated workbook.
- Upon completion of this course, students will be able to perform a combination of 73 full body Traditional Thai Massage and Thai Yoga stretch techniques to equal up to 3 hours work on a client.
Payments: MC, Visa or Etransfer. Contact Sharon directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-773-2645 to make arrangements for course deposit.
REGISTRATION / CONTACT: Please send Sharon your registration request to email@example.com or call/text 604-773-2645. A $100 non-refundable deposit is required at the time of booking and can be paid with credit card or Etransfer. The balance of the tuition is due 14 days prior to the first day of the course.