Edmonton: 4-Courses to choose from - Thai Massage Level 1, Thai Foot Reflexology, Thai Massage on the Table, Sen Energy Thai Massage. Also available as ONLINE studies!
Date and Time: October 26, 2021
Location: Edmonton, AB
Price: Starting from $295 CAD + GST
Instructor: Sharon Brown-Horton, Affiliate Instructor of the ITM Thai Massage School of Chiang Mai, Thailand
The following course listing is brought to you by a paid advertiser. NHPC does not necessarily endorse this listing or the provider. Questions, concerns, or applause regarding this listing should be directed to the provider via the contact info listed below, and NOT to the NHPC.
4-Edmonton based Thai Yoga Massage and Thai Reflexology Courses to choose from! Receive 10% off when registering for more than 1 course.
All courses are also available for ONLINE Studies: Work at your own pace or participate as a Livestreaming studen on the days of the in-person training with Zoom.
All students will receive a complimentary 90-day Zoom Practice Video of the training for all courses offered.
Course location: 'Healing Connections Wellness Centre' 10548 - 115th St. NW, Edmonton, 2nd Flr. Yoga Studio
Courses in order of dates offered:
3-Days, Tues. Oct. 26 - Thurs. Oct. 28, 2021 / 9:30AM - 5:30PM ea. day
'Thai Yoga Massage: Supine & Seated Positions' (Level 1)
- Learn how to perform Thai Yoga stretches, work on Sen Energy Lines and Thai Massage, using hands, elbows and feet for a dynamic full body repertoire with the recipient in the Supine & Seated Positions.
- This will give the student more than 2+ hours of Thai Massage sequences. (Thai Massage Level 2 will be offered in March 2022 / same cost, same location).
Credits: NHPC 15.0 CCP's, MTAS 21.0 CEC's, CRMTA 20.0 CEC's, CMMOTA 15.25 CEC's
Click here to register with a $100 deposit for the in-person training.
Click here to register and pay in full for the Online Training.
1-Day, Fri. Oct. 29, 2021 / 9:30AM - 5:30PM
Thai Foot Reflexology & Massage / Cost: $295+GST
Includes picture workbook & re-useable wooden reflexology stick
- Learn the benefits and how to work 58-Reflexology Points, using a wooden massage stick, flat knuckle slides and thumb circles on the plantar, medial & lateral sides of the foot, as well as the toes.
- Using the wooden tool helps to greatly decrease stress on thumbs and other joints while performing treatments on clients.
- Thai Foot Reflexology sequences are combined with foot and lower leg massage in a step-by-step program that will offer your clients a 60-min. treatment.
- Offer this treatment in a chair, on a massage table or on the floor mat.
Credits: NHPC 5.0 CCP's, 7.0 CRMTA CEC's, 7.0 CMMOTA CEC's, 7.0 MTAS CEC's
Click here to register and place a $100 deposit for the in-person training.
Click here to register and pay in full for the ONLINE training.
Sen Energy Thai Massage: Kalathari / Cost: $295+GST
1-Day, Sat. Oct. 30, 2021 / 9:30AM - 5:30PM
Credits: NHPC 5.0 CCP's, MTAS 7.0 CEC's
Pre-requisites: One or more of the following - Thai Yoga Massage Level 1, Thai Yoga Massage Level 2, Thai Massage on the Table, Thai Hot Herbal Compress
- In this 1-day course, we delve deeper into deeper knowledge of the major 'Sen Energy Lines' of Thai Yoga Massage that have previously been studied in other courses - the 'Sen Kalathari'. Benefits of working this line are numerous and is often referred to as the 'head and heart' line of the body. It directly affects the head and heart both emotionally and physically, in addtion to helping relieve joint pain and helping to 'ground' someone in times of stress or distraction.
- Learn new ways to work 'Sen Kalathari', using thumb acupressure, thumb circles, plus palm, knee and elbow presses, along with some new and unique Thai Yoga Stretches to make up a 90+ minute full body Thai Massage.
Click here to register and pay a non-refundable $100 deposit for the in-person training.
Click here to register and pay in full for the ONLINE training
2-Days, Mon. Nov. 1 & Tues. Nov. 2, 2021 / 9:30AM - 5:30PM ea. day
'Thai Massage on the Table' / Cost: $495+GST
Credits: NHPC 10.0 CCP's, CRMTA 14.0 CEC's, CMMOTA 11.25 CEC's
- This course is perfect for the student who is looking to explore what Thai Massage is all about - it gives you a little bit of what is learned in both the Thai Yoga Massage Level 1 and Level 2 matwork. This offers the student how to do massage sequences and yogic-like stretches with the recipient in the supine, prone & side lying positions and will provide a full body massage of 2+ hours. If you are limited for space in your studio/massage clinic, or cannot get down on a mat to work on your knees with a client, then this course is for you!
- Learn a combination of Northern and Southern Thai Massage as it can be applied on the table - students have the option to either stay on the floor, or to move up on and off the table. Many possibilities will be explored.
- Learn elements of Thai Yoga Massage that are taught in Level 1 and Level 2: some Reflexology for the feet, work on the 3-major 'Sen Energy' lines of legs and arms and Thai Yoga stretches.
Click here to register and pay a $100 non-refundable deposit for the in-person course.
Click here to register and pay in full for the ONLINE self-paced course.
Instructor: Sharon Brown-Horton, Owner of Banyan Thai Massage, is an Affiliate and Certified Graduate Instructor of the ITM Thai Massage School, based in Chiang Mai, Thailand. She has 16 years of experience teaching Traditional Thai Massage and other Thai-based healing modalities across Canada.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org / text or call 604-773-2645