Date: 1-Day, Wed. Oct. 5, 2022 / 7.0 Hours / No pre-requisites
Location: 'Yoga Mala' 2020 11th Ave., Regina / 4th Floor Yoga Studio
Instructor: Sharon Brown-Horton is a Certified Instructor with the ITM Thai Massage School in Chiang Mai Thailand, is founding Director of Banyan Thai Massage Academy and is a member of NHPC as a Thai Massage Practitioner.
Credits: NHPC 5 CCP's, MTAS 7.0 Primary CEC's
Curious about what Thai Yoga Massage is all about, but not ready to commit to the full course? This is perfect for the student who wishes to explore how Thai Yoga Massage may be incorporated into their regular massage routines, or to simply find out if it is a good enough fit with the body to pursue more serious studies. In this course, we explore 2 of the 4 positions of Thai Massage and includes work in Supine & Seated positions.
The form of Thai Yoga Massage technique taught in this course incorporates gentle rocking, deep stretching and rhythmic compression to create a truly unique and therapeutic massage experience for the recipient.
What you will learn in this course:
- Learn a total of 20-Thai Yoga Massage sequences with the recipient in the Supine and Seated positions, working from feet up to the head.
- Learn how to apply Thai Yoga Massage using your feet, elbows, forearms, thumbs and palms to target the legs, feet, hips and back to create a dynamic and unique repertoire for your clients.
- Learn the history, rules, methods, benefits, directions and abbreviations of Thai Yoga Massage.
- A large focus of the work will include passive yogic like stretches for the legs, hips and spine.
- The use of acupressure, reflexology and compressions will be applied on the 'Sen Energy Lines' to initiate the movement of internal energy in the body. The Sen Lines are similar to those found in Ayurvedic and Traditional Chinese Medicine. Classroom studies will include work on 3-major lines for the legs. The health benefits of working these lines will also be explored.
- You will have lots of opportunity to both practice and receive on your partner during the course.
- Sequences of the Thai Massage & Yogic Stretches are presented in a step-by-step sequence in your workbook and include diagrams and abbreviations that describe each step. This makes it easier to follow along for your future practice.
What is included in this course:
- Workbook that includes picture diagrams and detailed abbreviated descriptions of the step-by-step sequences.
- YouTube video assignment on the topic of 'Sen Energy Lines' and how to work them.
- Unlimited 90-day Video On-Demand Access to Zoom Media recordings of a similar training event. The link(s) will be provided to you approximately 7 days after you have completed your training has been completed.?
For Online Students: There are 2-options: 1) Self-Paced Online or 2) Attend the classroom virtually as a Livestreaming Student on the actual training day. The Zoom meeting link(s) will be provided to you several days before the course begins.
- All Online Students will be mailed the Workbook.
- Included is a Reading Assignment, plus YouTube Video of how to locate and work the 3-major Sen Energy Lines of the Legs.
- Course includes unlimited 90-Day Access on Demand to Zoom Video recordings of an actual training event by the Instructor to use for Self-Paced studies.
- Virtual Classroom Students will be mailed the Certificate upon completion of the course.
- Self-Paced Students will be mailed the Certificate once a 1-hour private Zoom Virtual Coaching / Evaluation session with Instructor Sharon Brown-Horton is completed to review techniques and address Q & A's.
Registration / More Information
Early Bird Registration until Aug. 31st for the In-Person Course
Pay $295+$14.75GST / Total $309.75
After Aug. 31st: $350+GST
Register for the ONLINE Virtual Streaming Course
Contact Sharon at email@example.com to confirm your participation
Pay $295+$14.75GST ($309.75 total)