Banyan Thai Massage Academy
'Sen Energy Traditional Thai Massage'
3-Days: Tues. Nov. 22 - Thurs. Nov. 24, 2022 | 21.0 Hours In-Person Course
Save $100 with Early Bird until Aug. 31st: $595+tx | After Aug. 31st: $695+tx
Location: Yoga Santosha, 1800 4th St. SW, Calgary | 2nd floor
Instructor: Sharon Brown-Horton is a Certified Thai Massage Instructor of the ITM Thai Massage School of Chiang Mai Thailand, is Founding Director of Banyan Thai Massage Academy and is a registered NHPC Thai Massage Practitioner
Credits: NHPC 15.0 CCP's | CRMTA & CMMOTA credits pending
Explore the healing potential of Thai Massage! This 2,500 year old healing wisdom incorporates the use of 'Metta' that is taken from the Buddhist philosophy of imparting loving kindness on all beings and is often referred to as the Lazy Person's Yoga. Recent research has found Thai Massage to have positive health benefits to easing low back pain, enhancing flexibility, lowering blood pressure and opening up the internal energy flow of the body to increase overall health.
Delve into deeper knowledge of the 3-Major 'Sen Energy Lines' of Traditional Thai Yoga Massage that are commonly worked on to stimulate the internal flow of energy to improve healing and health.The 'Sen Lines' of Sahatsarangsi/Thawari, Itta/Pingkala and Kalathari will take up the main focus as students learn new ways to work the lines, using thumb circles, palm presses, thumb acupressure and Thai Yoga Stretches.
What you will learn in this course:
- Each day will focus the entire day of work on how to locate and stimulate 1-set of Sen Energy Lines.
- On Day #1, we will work with the recipient in the Supine position and dedicate our time to reviewing Sen Kalathari, location and health benefits of this 'head and heart' line. This is also known as the Spleen Channel of the thigh and the Kidney Channel on the calf in Chinese acupuncture. A full body Thai Yoga Massage sequence will be taught that specifically focuses on stimulating Sen Kalathari.
- On Day #2, we will focus on the Sen Itta and Sen Pingkala lines with the recipient in the Prone and Supine positions. This line is excellent for helping to relieve back & shoulder pain, while also helping to improve digestion and ease headaches. New Yogic stretches will be introduced. At the end of the day, you will be able to offer a full body Thai Yoga Massage of 60-min. to stimulate Sen Itta/Pingkala.
- On Day #3, we will focus on the Sen Sahatsarangsi and Sen Thawari lines with the recipient in the Supine and Seated positions. This line is excellent in helping with improving eye health, relieving tooth ache, issues in the throat, as well as gastro-intestinal diseases. New Yogic stretches will be introduced. At the end of the day, you will be able to offer a full body Thai Yoga Massage of 60-min. to stimulate Sen Sahatsarangsi and Sen Thawari.
- Recommended but not compulsory, we like to suggest that taking one of the following Banyan Thai Massage Academy courses prior to this training event would assist with the depth of learning: "Thai Massage on the Table", "Thai Hot Herbal Compress Massage", "Thai Yoga Massage: Supine & Seated Postures" (Module 1), "Thai Yoga Massage: Side Lying, Prone & Seated Postures" (Module 2)
What is included in this course:
- Picture Workbook of 'Thai Sen Energy Traditional Thai Massage'
- Unlimited 90-day Zoom Video Access to the classroom recordings of the teaching event. The link(s) will be provided to students approximately 7-days after the completion of the training date.
- Certificate is issued on last day of training event.
Fill out the Contact Form to send us your questions
Call or Text Sharon directly at 604-773-2645