Indian Foot Massage (Champissage) 1-Day Training
Location: MH Vicars Calgary NW
Times: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Continuing Education Credits with several associations across Canada including NHPC, (newly added) CRMTA, CMMOTA, MTAS.
What is Indian Foot Massage (Kansa Vatki Foot)?
This unique treatment, steeped in centuries of Ayurvedic ceremony is primarily delivered with a copper bowl and ghee (clarified butter). The treatment includes the combination of effleurage, massage and relaxtioin reflexology on the feet and lower limbs with and without the the use of the bowl.
During this training you will learn the basics of the three Dosha's (Pitta, Kapha and Vata) and how to bring these back into balance through this treatment.
Students will also review and or learn some of the basic Anatomy and Physiology of the feet.
Along with the pre reads sent to students before the training session this treatmetn is simple enough to learn inside this 1-Day training for those already working in this capacity and as well for those aspirint to work in the healing arts. Students are required to do a minimum of 12 to 15 practicums before offering this treatment to paying clients.
IFM Quick Facts
- Treatment time: 40 to 45 minutes
- Body parts treated: Feet and lowers limbs
- Equipment: Massage Table, Rolling Stool, Towels
- Price: Varies from region to region and setting to setting. $75 to $105 per sesson.
- No prerequites are required to take this training.
- You must be in good physcial health to do this training with no ROM issues or limitations in fingers, thumbs, wrists, elbows and shoulders.