This is the companion live program to the 2 day CS1-VC: CranioSacral Therapy 1: Lecture Content; Distance Instruction virtual program. Attending the combination of CS1-VC and then CS1-L is the entire CranioSacral Therapy 1 program. If you have not yet attended a CS1-VC, you can see the date options online.
Few systems have as much impact on the human body as the craniosacral system. It protects and nourishes the brain and spinal cord - and affects nearly every aspect of central nervous system performance. That's why CranioSacral Therapy (CST) is so critical to your healthcare practice.
Developed after years of university research and testing, it allows you to release fascial restrictions anywhere on the body that may be impinging the craniosacral system and every other system it interacts with.
- assist in autonomic nervous system regulation and turn down the sympathetic overdrive.
- help to mobilize the central nervous system and enhance its functioning, and this will have a flow-on effect to all other systems.
- work with the fascial network of the body, and when this is functioning well the person is able to have a better representation in their somato-sensory cortex.
- assist at the interface of the musculoskeletal system and the nervous system, such as at the myodural bridge where tensions through that region can be broadcast up and down the entire dural system.
- increase ROM (Range of Motion) and strength, improve tolerance for ADLs (Activities of Daily Living), and facilitate a higher quality of life based on functional assessment tools.