Banyan Thai Massage Academy presents
Calgary: 'Thai Hand Reflexology & Massage' In-Person Training
Date: 1-Day, Fri. April 28, 2023, 9:30AM - 5:30PM | 7.0 Hours | No pre-requisites
Location: 'Yoga Santosha Mission' 1800 - 4th St. SW, Calgary | 3rd Floor Yoga Studio
Credits: NHPC 5.0 CCP's, MTAS 7.0 Primary CEC's, CRMTA 7.0 CEC's, CMMOTA 7.0 CEC's
Instructor: Sharon Brown-Horton, Founding Director of Banyan Thai Massage Academy, Certified Instructor of the International Thai Massage School (ITM, Chiang Mai Thailand), NHPC Registered Thai Massage Practitioner
**For Online Self-Paced or Livestreaming options, please refer to bottom of this page.
Thai Hand Reflexology is an ancient form of massage that is based on Thai Medicine and 'Sen Energy' healing. It is a non-invasive health technique that recognizes that parts of the body such as the hand and the feet reflect the whole body.
What makes Thai Hand Reflexology different from that of Traditional Chinese Medicine techniques, is the use of a wooden massage tool.
This is an exceptionally relaxing treatment to receive and provides the recipient with the chance to unwind fully. This treatment can be performed virtually anywhere, from an airplane, train or car to an office, shop, clinic, hospital or home. It is a safe, natural healing art that can be used effectively as an alternative to Foot Reflexology. For example, if someone has a foot injury, a leg and/or foot in a cast, ticklish feet, or if they don't want their feet worked on for personal reasons.
Thai Hand Reflexology is empowering, because whether someone suffers from irritable bowel syndrome, sinusitis, headache, needs relief from stress, or to boost immunity, it can help. An added benefit of Hand Reflexology is that the Practitioner can use the techniques on themselves.
What you will learn in this course:
- Benefits of Hand Reflexology and how the Reflex points refer to organs, systems and bones of the body.
- Learn 30-steps of work for a relaxing Hand Reflexology Massage sequence to mobilize and warm up the wrists, fingers and hands, prior to working on the Reflex points with the wooden stick.
- Learn how to use the wooden stick to apply intermittent pressure over 25-Reflex points on the palmar surface of both hands. This is combined with using thumb and finger slides, thumb circles or thumb presses.
- Learn how to stimulate the 'Sen Kalathari' Energy Line for improved health and to open the internal energy flow.
What is included:
- Picture Workbook that includes step-by-step pictures with abbreviated how-to sequences, plus full list of the Reflexology Points and the health benefits of working each point.
- Re-useable Wooden Reflexology Stick
- Unlimited 90-day video On-Demand Access to Zoom Media recordings of this training event. The link(s) will be provided to you approximately 7-days after your have completed your training. This course is also available ONLINE.
- You will receive your Certificate of Completion at the end of the training day.
Registration for In-Person Training, Calgary April 28, 2023
Step 1: Click here to pay $100 deposit securely with credit card toward cost of $340+tx with 'Square Payments'
Step 2: Upon receipt of your deposit, you will be emailed more course information, along with a Reading Assignment
Step 3: 2-Weeks prior to the training event, the balance of the course fee of $257.00 is due - you will be emailed a payment link for this.
Fill out the Contact Form to send us your questions
Call or Text Instructor Sharon Brown-Horton directly at 604-773-2645
Picture Gallery & Testimonials
Online Training options: Self-Paced or Livestreaming
Step 1: Pay the lowest rate of $295+$14.75gst ($309.75 total) for Online self-paced or you can choose to participate as a Livestreaming Online Student on Thurs. April 28, 9:30AM - 5:30PM Alberta Time Zone
Step 2: You will receive an email with the Zoom Classroom Video Training links + reading assignment and details on how to proceed through the course.
Step 3: Your Workbook + 1-reuseable Reflexology Stick will be shipped out to you.
Visit our website Online Courses page to see many more details.