CST has been shown to:
- assist in autonomic nervous system regulation and turn down the sympathetic overdrive.
- help to mobilize the central nervous system and enhance its functioning, and this will have a flow-on effect to all other systems.
- work with the fascial network of the body, and when this is functioning well the person is able to have a better representation in their somato-sensory cortex.
- assist at the interface of the musculoskeletal system and the nervous system, such as at the myodural bridge where tensions through that region can be broadcast up and down the entire dural system.
- increase ROM (Range of Motion) and strength, improve tolerance for ADLs (Activities of Daily Living), and facilitate a higher quality of life based on functional assessment tools.