Banyan Thai Massage Academy presents
'Thai Yoga Massage: Side Lying, Prone & Seated Positions' Module 2
This course is known as 'Module 2' and is 1 of 2-'Modules' of a complete 6-day training Traditional Thai Massage program and may be taken prior to participating in Module 1.
3-Days: Sun. May 28 - Tues. May 30, 2023 / 21.0 Hours In-Person Course
Online Self-Paced Studies also available
Early Bird Cost $650+tx
Location: 'Healing Connections Wellness Centre' 10548 - 115th St., NW, Edmonton, 2nd Floor Yoga Studio
Instructor: Stephen Tate, Banyan Thai Massage Academy Certified Instructor & RMT
Credits: NHPC 15.0 CCP's, CRMTA 20.0 CEC's, CMMOTA 15.25 (MTAA Credits Pending)
12 In-person spaces left in this course | No pre-requisites
Note: Module 1 Supine & Seated course will take place 3-days, Sun. June 25 - Tues. June 27, 2023 and then again in the Fall (dates TBA)
Thai Yoga Massage Module 2 is designed to provide the student with a solid foundation of knowledge of how to work Thai Massage in the Side Lying, Prone and Seated positions.
The form of Thai Yoga Massage technique taught in this course incorporates gentle rocking, deep stretching and rhythmic compression to create a truly unique and therapeutic massage experience for the recipient. It is both relaxing and therapeutic.
What you will learn in this course:
- Learn a total of 68-Thai Yoga Massage sequences for the entire body with the recipient in the Side Lying, Prone and Seated positions, from feet up to the head.
- Learn how to apply Thai Yoga Massage using your feet, elbows, forearms, thumbs and palms to target the legs, feet, hips and back to create a dynamic and unique repertoire for your clients.
- Learn the history, rules, methods, benefits, directions and abbreviations of Thai Yoga Massage.
- The use of acupressure, reflexology and compressions will be applied on the 'Sen Energy Lines' to initiate the movement of internal energy in the body. The Sen Lines are similar to those found in Ayurvedic and Traditional Chinese Medicine. Classroom studies will include work on 3-major lines for the legs (Kalathari, Itta, Pingkala, Sahatsarangsi & Thawari), plus 1-major line on the upper body and arms (Kalathari). The health benefits of working these lines will also be explored.
- Learn how to perform assisted Thai Yogic Stretches for the upper and lower body.
- You will have lots of opportunity to both practice and receive on your partner during the course. Each segment begins with introduction and Teacher Demonstration, after which time, students are guided through their practice. Begin with short sequences and progressively lengthen the time so that students have the opportunity to practice a 1-hour long Thai Yoga Massage treatment on their partner.
- After the training, students will be able to offer up to a 2-hour massage, if not longer. There is a lot of wonderful material in this course and so that students may customize treatments to match the needs of their clients.
- Sequences of the Thai Massage & Yogic Stretches are presented in a step-by-step sequence in your workbook and include diagrams and abbreviations that describe each step. This makes it easier to follow along for your future practice.
What is included in this course:
- Workbook with picture diagrams and detailed abbreviated descriptions of the step-by-step sequences.
- Pre-class YouTube Video Assignment: 'Sen Energy Lines' - how to locate and work the 3 major lines of the legs
- Unlimited 90-day Video On-Demand Access to Zoom Media recordings of a similar training event. The link(s) will be provided to you approximately 7 days after you have completed your training.
Registration / More Information
Fill out the Contact Form to send us your questions
Call or Text Sharon Brown-Horton, Instructor | Director at 604-773-2645
Payment methods accepted: Etransfer (send to firstname.lastname@example.org), Visa, MC
Register and pay $100 non-refundable deposit to hold your space