This is a form of Traditional Thai Massage that is taught on a floor mat and incorporates gentle rocking, deep stretching and rhythmic compression to create a truly unique and therapeutic massage experience for the recipient. It is both relaxing and therapeutic.
What you will learn in this course:
- Learn a total of 68-Thai Yoga Massage sequences for the entire body with the recipient in the Supine and Seated positions, from feet up to the head. The Module 2 course (3-days, Sept. 24 - 26, 2023 covers the positions of Side Lying, Prone & Seated | 15.0 NHPC CCP's - we offer 10% off for taking both courses).
- Learn how to apply Thai Yoga Massage using your feet, elbows, forearms, thumbs and palms to target the legs, feet, hips and back to create a dynamic and unique repertoire for your clients.
- Learn the history, rules, methods, benefits, directions and abbreviations of Thai Yoga Massage.
- The use of acupressure, reflexology and compressions will be applied on the 'Sen Energy Lines' to initiate the movement of internal energy in the body. The Sen Lines are similar to those found in Ayurvedic and Traditional Chinese Medicine. Classroom studies will include work on 3-major lines for the legs (Kalathari, Itta, Pingkala, Sahatsarangsi & Thawari), plus 1-major line on the upper body and arms (Kalathari). The health benefits of working these lines will also be explored.
- Learn how to perform assisted Inversion Yoga Stretches such as 'Shoulder Stand', 'Plow', 'Frog' and 'Happy Baby', plus some popular Yogic stretches in the seated position such as 'Cat-Cow'.
- You will have lots of opportunity to both practice and receive on your partner during the course. Each segment begins with introduction and Teacher Demonstration, after which time, students are guided through their practice. Begin with short sequences and progressively lengthen the time. Students have the opportunity to practice a 1-hour Thai Yoga Massage in class on their partner. After your training, you will be able to offer up to a 2-hour massage, if not longer. There is a lot of wonderful material in this course and you will be able to pick and choose and customize your treatments to match the needs of your clients.
- Sequences of the Thai Massage & Yogic Stretches are presented in a step-by-step sequence in your workbook and include diagrams and abbreviations that describe each step. This makes it easier to follow along for your future practice.
What is included in this course:
- Workbook includes picture diagrams and detailed abbreviated descriptions of the step-by-step sequences.
- Colour 'Sen Energy' Charts (in Workbook)
- Pre-class YouTube Video: 'Sen Energy Lines' - how to locate and work the 3 major lines of the legs
- Unlimited 90-day Video On-Demand Access to practice Zoom video recordings of a similar training event. The link(s) will be provided to you approximately 7 days after you have completed your training.
Registration for in-person course June 25 - 27, 2023:
Click here to pay $100 deposit toward overall cost of $682.50 tx incl.
Contact & More Information | Picture Gallery & Testimonials | Policies
Online Self-Paced Training options are available at a reduced rate of $595+tx Register for Online option: Click here to pay $624.75
Instructor | Director: Sharon Brown-Horton 604-773-2645