Banyan Thai Massage Academy presents
Edmonton 'Thai Hand Reflexology & Massage'
Date: 1-Day, Thurs. May 25, 2023, 9:30AM - 5:30PM | 7.0 Hours | No pre-requisites
Location: 'Healing Connections Wellness Centre' 10548 - 115th St. NW, Edmonton | 2nd Floor Yoga Studio
Credits: NHPC 5.0 CCP's, MTAS 7.0 Primary CEC's, CRMTA 7.0 CEC's, CMMOTA 7.0 CEC's, RAC 5.0 CEC's
Cost: $340+tx (Pay $100 deposit to register and save your space | pay the balance 7 days prior to the course start date)
Instructor: Sharon Brown-Horton, Founding Director of Banyan Thai Massage Academy, Certified Instructor of the International Thai Massage School (ITM, Chiang Mai Thailand), NHPC Registered Thai Massage Practitioner
Thai Hand Reflexology is an ancient form of massage that is based on Thai Medicine and 'Sen Energy' healing. It is a non-invasive health technique that recognizes that parts of the body such as the hand and the feet reflect the whole body.
What makes Thai Hand Reflexology different from that of Traditional Chinese Medicine techniques, is the use of a wooden massage tool.
This is an exceptionally relaxing treatment to receive and provides the recipient with the chance to unwind fully. This treatment can be performed virtually anywhere, from an airplane, train or car to an office, shop, clinic, hospital or home. It is a safe, natural healing art that can be used effectively as an alternative to Foot Reflexology. For example, if someone has a foot injury, a leg and/or foot in a cast, ticklish feet, or if they don't want their feet worked on for personal reasons.
Thai Hand Reflexology is empowering, because whether someone suffers from irritable bowel syndrome, sinusitis, headache, needs relief from stress, or to boost immunity, it can help. An added benefit of Hand Reflexology is that the Practitioner can use the techniques on themselves.
What you will learn in this course:
- Benefits of Hand Reflexology and how the Reflex points refer to organs, systems and bones of the body.
- Learn 30-steps of work for a relaxing Hand Reflexology Massage sequence to mobilize and warm up the wrists, fingers and hands, prior to working on the Reflex points with the wooden stick.
- Learn how to use the wooden stick to apply intermittent pressure over 25-Reflex points on the palmar surface of both hands. This is combined with using thumb and finger slides, thumb circles or thumb presses.
- Learn how to stimulate the 'Sen Kalathari' Energy Line for improved health and to open the internal energy flow.
What is included:
- Picture Workbook that includes step-by-step pictures with abbreviated how-to sequences, Hand Reflexology point chart, plus full list of Hand Reflexology Points and the health benefits of working each point.
- Re-useable Wooden Reflexology Stick
- Unlimited 120-day practice video On-Demand Access to Zoom Media recordings of this training event. The link(s) will be provided to you approximately 7-days after your have completed your training. This course is also available ONLINE.
- You will receive your Certificate of Completion at the end of the training day.
Registration for In-Person Training Thurs. May 25, 2023 | 9:30AM - 5:30PM
Pay $100 Deposit to reserve your space and pay the balance of course cost 7 days prior to training event (you will be sent a payment link upon registration) [Cost: $340+$15gst | Total $357.00]
Registration for Livestreaming Online Training Thurs. May 25, 2023 | 9:30AM - 5:30PM
Online Course Cost: $295+$14.75 | Total $309.75
Pay $309.75 [Your Workbook & Reflexology Stick will be mailed out to you. Zoom Meeting Link will be sent 7 days prior to training event. Please provide us with your mailing address. Send message to firstname.lastname@example.org]