Click here to see YouTube Video of Instructor Sharon Brown-Horton demonstrating some of the Thai Foot Reflexology Warm-Up Steps using the Wooden Tool as taught in class!
Foot Reflexology is an ancient form of Massage that has been used for more than 3,000 years to stimulate the body's internal organs as well as blood and lymph circulation. It is a non-invasive health technique that recognizes that parts of the body such as the feet, reflect the whole body.
What makes Thai Foot Reflexology different from that of Traditional Foot Reflexology is the unique use of the re-useable wooden tool - this greatly helps to decrease stress on thumbs and other joints while performing the treatment on clients.
What you will learn in this course:
- How to stimulate 58-Reflex Zones, using a wooden massage tool, along with using flat knuckle slides on the plantar, medial & lateral sides of the foot, as well as the toes. This is combined with thumb slides on the dorsal surface of the foot.
- The work on the Reflex Zones will be combined with 31-cream based massage techniques using hands, palms and fingers to relax lower legs and massage feet & ankles.
- Learn how to perform a 60-min. Traditional Thai Foot Reflexology & Massage treatment in a step-by-step manner, using a picture workbook.
- This treatment may be performed on a massage table, in a chair, or bed or on the floor mat.
What is included in this course:
- Workbook - includes full colour Reflexology Chart, step-by-step descriptions and pictures, plus full list of 58-Reflexology Zones, health benefits and locations
- Re-Useable Wooden Reflexology Stick
- Unlimited 90-day Video On-Demand Access to the Zoom Media recordings of this training event. The link(s) will be provided to you approximately 7 days after you have completed your training.
- You will be presented with your Certificate of Completion at the end of the training day.
Livestreaming Online Course option is available:
- Students may attend Virtually Online (we use Zoom Media) for the day, from 9:30AM - 5:30PM Alberta Time Zone.
- Workbook + Reflexology Stick will be mailed prior to training event.
- A Foot Model is nice to have, but not necessary. If you can get a friend or family member to sit and have you practice on them, we suggest having someone available between 11AM - 12PM or 12:30 AND/OR 2-3 or 3:30PM
- Online students will have unlimited 90-day video On-Demand Access to a practice Zoom video.
- Certificates of Completion for Livestreaming students are available immediately after they have virtually attended 100% of the course. If 100% attendance is not possible, it is OK for the student to finish studying the course at their own pace with recorded Zoom Videos of the event and in this case, a 1-hour Zoom Private Evaluation Meeting with the Instructor must be arranged before a Certificate is issued and sent in the mail.