Banyan Thai Massage Academy presents
Edmonton 'Thai Hot Herbal Compress & Massage on the Table'
Date: 1-Day, Sat. May 27, 2023 | 9:30AM - 5:30PM | 7.0 Hours In-Person Course
Cost: $340+tx | Includes 1-set of 2-Herbal Compress Balls + Workbook with list of herbs & benefits + 120-Day Practice Video of the training event + Certificate | Pay $100 Deposit to save your space; balance of course cost is due 7-days prior to the course.
Location: 'Healing Connections Wellness Centre' 10548 - 115th St., NW, Edmonton, 2nd Floor Yoga Studio
Instructor: Sharon Brown-Horton is a Certified Thai Massage Instructor with the ITM Thai Massage School in Chiang Mai Thailand, is Founding Director of Banyan Thai Massage Academy and is an NHPC Registered Thai Massage Practitioner.
Credits: NHPC 5.0 CCP's | CRMTA 7.0 CEC's
The method of using Hot Herbal Compresses is inherited from local Thai wisdom and Old School Doctors. The Herbal Compress contains a combination of traditional Thai Herbs and is heated in a steamer. The warm bundles are applied directly to the skin during a massage session.
The Compresses can be used on almost any part of the body, (except for the face, where different ingredients are used) depending on where the illness, pain or discomfort is - such as legs, feet, knees, back, waist, hip, shoulder, arm & hands, stomach and side of the body. Generally, the blend of traditional herbs are used to relieve sprains and strained muscles and tendons, stiffness in joints, inflammation and also stimulating blood circulation. The compresses have a relaxing and invigorating effect on the body and mind, while simultaneously soothing sore and over-worked muscles and giving a boost to the body's energy levels. The aromatherapy effect from herbs such as ginger, galangal, kaffir lime and turmeric are heavenly.
In a typical treatment, gentle pressure and compression are used to stimulate internal organs, relax tense muscles and calm the nervous system. Passive yogic-like stretching adjusts the skeletal structure, increases flexibility and restores movement. Often compared to a dance, it used rocking motions. Ideal for those desiring deep relaxation, immunity boosting, release from stress, enhanced flexibility, as well as those seeking to increase their level of health, well-being and vitality.
What you will learn in this course:
- Learn how to apply Thai Massage and the Hot Herbal Compresses on the Massage Table with the recipient in the Supine & Side-Lying Positions. This work can be adapted to be performed on a Traditional Thai Mat on the floor.
- Upon completion of this course, you will be able to offer a 60-90 min. Thai Hot Herbal Compress Massage treatment, working the whole body, from head to toes, with or without oil. All of the Hot Herbal Compress techniques may be applied in any holistic body therapy technique or regular massage routine.
- Learn about the properties and health benefits of 10-Herbs that are commonly used in the Compresses.
- Learn how to prepare, steam and test the Herbal Compresses for heat before applying to the body, in addition to the method and precautions of applying them in a treatment.
- In the classroom training, students will practice on eachother in Traditional Thai Massage style wearing clothing such as shorts & tank top, with options demonstrated to use oil and draping.
- Note: The Herbal Compresses can be re-used on the same client approximately 4-5 times. You can give the Compresses to your client to store in the freezer - or fridge, if they are to see you again soon.
What is included in this course:
- Picture Workbook of Thai Hot Herbal Compress Massage techniques, presented in a step-by-step manner.
- List of herbs used in Hot Herbal Compresses, their benefits, properties and characteristics, plus several traditional 'recipes' for making the herb bundles.
- A set of 2-Herbal Compress Balls, made up of dried herbs.
- Students will be supplied with a Steamer for in-class practice to heat the Herbal Compresses.
- Students will be presented with a Certificate of Completion at the end of the day.
- Unlimited 120-day Video On-Demand Access to the Zoom Media recordings of this training event.
Registration for In-Person course Sat. May 27, 2023 | 9:30AM - 5:30PM
Pay $100 Deposit to save your space and pay balance of course cost 7-days prior to the training
[Cost: $340+$15gst | Total $357.00]
Registration for Livestreaming Online course Sat. May 27, 2023 | 9:30AM - 5:30PM
Pay course cost incl. gst $357.00 Please email sharon@banyanthaimassage your Mailing Address for shipping Workbook + Herbal Compress Balls in advance of the course
Fill out the Contact Form to send us your questions
Text or call Sharon directly at 604-773-2645
Payment methods accepted: Etransfer (send to email@example.com), Visa, MC
Picture Gallery & Testimonials