'Thai Foot Reflexology & Massage' 1-day, Mon. May 30th, 9:30AM - 5:30PM / 7.0 Hrs.
Credits: 5.0 NHPC CCP's, 7.0 CRMTA CEC's, 7.0 CMMOTA CEC'S, 7.0 MTAS Primary CEC's
Location: 'Healing Connections Wellness Centre' 10548 - 115th St. NW Edmonton
Cost: $295+gst / Total $309.75 * This course is also available as a Self-Paced Online program for the same cost.
Instructor: Sharon Brown-Horton, is Owner of Banyan Thai Massage. She resides on Gambier Island, BC and is an ITM Thai Massage School (Chiang Mai, Thailand) Affiliate Graduate Instructor - teaching Thai Massage across Canada since 2004
Foot Reflexology is an ancient form of Massage that has been used for more than 3,000 years to stimulate the body's internal organs as well as blood and lymph circulation. It is a non-invasive health technique that recognizes that parts of the body such as the feet, reflect the whole body.
What makes Thai Foot Reflexology different from that of Traditional Foot Reflexology is the unique use of the re-useable wooden tool - this greatly helps to decrease stress on thumbs and other joints while performing the treatment on clients.
What you will learn in this course:
- How to stimulate 58-Reflex Zones, using a wooden massage tool, along with using flat knuckle slides on the plantar, medial & lateral sides of the foot, as well as the toes. This is combined with thumb slides on the dorsal surface of the foot.
- The work on the Reflex Zones will be combined with 31-cream based massage techniques using hands, palms and fingers to relax lower legs and massage feet & ankles.
- Learn how to perform a 60-min. Traditional Thai Foot Reflexology & Massage treatment in a step-by-step manner, using a picture workbook.
- This treatment may be performed on a massage table, in a chair, or bed or on the floor mat.
What is included in this course:
- Workbook - includes full colour Reflexology Chart, step-by-step descriptions and pictures, plus full list of 58-Reflexology Zones, health benefits and locations
- Re-Useable Wooden Reflexology Stick
- Unlimited 90-day Video On-Demand Access to the Zoom Media recordings of this training event. The link(s) will be provided to you approximately 7 days after you have completed your training.
- You will be presented with your Certificate of Completion at the end of the training day.
Register for the Self-Paced Online 'Thai Foot Reflexology' Course