Edmonton: 'Thai Yoga Massage: Side Lying, Prone & Seated Positions' (Module 2)
21.0 Hours Instruction: No pre-requisites - this course may be taken before Module 1
Dates: 3-Day Intensive, Tues. May 24 - Thurs. May 26, 2022 / 9:30AM - 5:30PM each day
Save $55 with our Early Bird Rate: $595+GST when placing a $100 deposit by May 1. After May 1: $650+GST
Location: 'Healing Connections Wellness Centre' 10548 - 115th Street NW, Edmonton
Credits: NHPC 15.0 CCP's, CRMTA 20.0 CEC's, CMMOTA 15.25 CEC's, MTAS 21.0 CEC'S
*Also available as a Self-Paced Online Course
Instructor: Sharon Brown-Horton is Owner of Banyan Thai Massage Academy and is an Affiliate Instructor Graduate of the renowned 'ITM' Thai Massage School, based in Chiang Mai, Thailand. She has been teaching Thai Massage across Canada since 2004 and resides on her off-grid property on Gambier Island, BC.
Traditional Thai Massage is a unique form of body therapy performed on a floor mat that incorporates gentle rocking, deep yogic-like stretching and rhythmic compression to create a truly unique and therapeutic massage experience for the recipient.
This is an important Module in a series of 2-Modules, designed to provide the student with a solid foundation of how to work Thai Massage in all of the 4-Positions (Supine, Side Lying, Prone & Seated). In Module 2, the positions of Side-Lying, Prone & Seated are introduced. This course may be taken PRIOR to taking Module 1. No pre-requisites are required.
This is an official course of the renowned 'ITM' Thai Massage School, based in Chiang Mai, Thailand and is recognized by the Ministry of Education in Thailand. The methodology, curriculum and workbook used is the very same, if you were to take your training in Thailand.
What you will learn in this course:
- Learn a total of 68-Thai Yoga Massage sequences for the entire body with the recipient in the Side-Lying, Prone and Seated positions, working from the feet up to the head.
- Learn how to apply Thai Yoga Massage using your feet, elbows, forearms, thumbs and palms to target the legs, feet, hips, back, arms, chest, shoulders and neck. This creates a dynamic repertoire for your clients.
- Learn how to located and work on 3-major 'Sen' Energy Lines of the Legs (Kalathari, Itta/Pingkala, Sahatsarangsi/Thawari), in addition to the health benefits for each line. The Sen Lines are similar to those found in Ayurvedic and Traditional Chinese Medicine.
- Learn how to locate and work 15-Reflexology points for the feet with the recipient in the Prone position. This is interspersed with palm pressure and R.O.M. work on the ankles, calves and legs.
- Learn how to perform Thai Yoga Stretches for the legs, chest, back, shoulders and spine with the client in the Side-Lying, Prone and Seated Postures. Learn some special Yogic stretches such as 'Cobra' and 'Seat Bow'.
- Students practice on each other, taking turns as Giver and Receiver. Guided practice will focus upon attention to proper body mechanics, delivery method and safety precautions.
- Upon completion of this course, students will be able to perform a 60 min. up to 3 hour Thai Yoga Massage on a client.
What is included in this course:
- Workbook with pictures, abbreviated sequence descriptions, energy line charts
- Unlimited 90-day Video On-Demand Access to the Zoom Meeting recordings of this training event. The link(s) will be provided to you approximately 7 days after you have completed your training.
- This course is also available as an ONLINE Course.
- You will be presented with your Certificate of Completion at the end of the last day of Training.
Register for in-person Course: Pay $100 deposit to lock in the Early Bird Rate of $595+GST / Total $624.75
Register for Self-Paced Online Course and pay $624.75
Cancellation Policy / Student Picture Gallery & Testimonials