'Thai Hot Herbal Compress Massage on the Table'
Dates: 2-Days, Sat. May 28 & Sun. May 29, 2022 / 9:30AM - 5:30PM ea. day
Location: 'Healing Connections Wellness Centre' 10548 - 115th St. NW, Edmonton
Early Bird Rate: $550+GST when placing a $100 deposit by April 18th. After April 18th $600.
Course includes: 2-Herbal Compress Balls + picture Workbook
Credits: NHPC 10.0 CCP's, CRMTA CEC's Pending, MTAS 14.0 Primary CEC's
Instructor: Sharon Brown-Horton is Owner of Banyan Thai Massage Academy and is a Graduate Instructor of the renowned 'ITM' Thai Massage School in Chiang Mai, Thailand. She has been teaching Thai Massage across Canada since 2004 and resides on an off-grid property on Gambier Island, BC.
~ Course Description ~
The method of using Hot Herbal Compresses is inherited from local Thai wisdom and Old School Doctors. The Herbal Compress contains a combination of traditional Thai Herbs and is heated in a steamer. The warm bundles are applied directly to the skin during a massage session.
The Compresses can be used on almost any part of the body, depending on where the illness, pain or discomfort is - such as legs, feet, knees, back, waist, hip, shoulder, arm & hands, stomach and side of the body.
The blend of traditional herbs are used to relieve sprains and strained muscles and tendons, stiffness in joints, inflammation and also stimulating blood circulation. The compresses have a relaxing and invigorating effect on the body and mind, while simultaneously soothing sore and over-worked muscles and giving a boost to the body's energy levels. The aromatherapy effect from herbs such as ginger, galangal, kaffir lime and turmeric are heavenly.
In a typical treatment, pressure and compression of the steamed Herbal Compresses are used to stimulate internal organs, relax tense muscles and calm the nervous system. Passive yogic-like stretching adjusts the skeletal structure, increases flexibility and restores movement. Ideal for those desiring deep relaxation, immunity boosting, release from stress, enhanced flexibility, as well as those seeking to increase their level of health, well-being and vitality.
What you will learn in this course:
- Learn how to make and tie up your own Herbal Compresses, using a combination of both dry and fresh ingredients.
- Learn how to prepare, steam and test the Herbal Compresses for heat before applying to the body, in addition to the method and precautions of applying them in a treatment.
- Learn how to either offer Thai Hot Herbal Compress treatments using oil and draping or with the client fully clothed in dry Thai Massage style.
- Learn about the properties and health benefits of 10-Herbs that are commonly used in the Compresses.
- Learn how to apply Thai Massage and the Hot Herbal Compresses with the recipient in the Supine, Side-Lying, Prone and Seated Positions.
- Upon completion of this course, you will be able to offer a 60-120 min. Thai Hot Herbal Compress Massage treatment, working the whole body, from head to toes, with or without oil. All of the Hot Herbal Compress techniques may be applied in any holistic body therapy technique or regular massage routine.
- Note: The Herbal Compresses can be re-used on the same client approximately 4-5 times. You can give the Compresses to your client to store in the freezer - or fridge, if they are to see you again soon.
What is included in this course:
- Picture Workbook of Thai Hot Herbal Compress Massage techniques, presented in a step-by-step manner.
- List of herbs used in Hot Herbal Compresses, their benefits, properties and characteristics, plus several traditional 'recipes' for making the herb bundles.
- A set of 2-Herbal Compress Balls, made up of dried herbs. These will be opened up on the first day of the course, so that we can add some chopped fresh ingredients from the market. Please bring a cutting board and a sharp chopping knife to the course.
- Classroom will be supplied with a Steamer for every 2 students to heat the Herbal Compresses.
- You will be presented with your Certificate of Completion at the end of the day on your last day of training.
- Unlimited 90-day Video On-Demand Access to the Zoom Media recordings of this training event. The link(s) will be provided to you approximately 7 days, after you have completed your training.
Register for the In-Person Course Edmonton May 28 & May 29
Click here to Pay $100 to register and lock in the Early Bird Rate of $550+GST / $577.50 Total
Register for the Online Self-Paced 'Thai Hot Herbal Compress' Course
Click here to Pay $577.50 to register - you will be mailed your Workbook + 2-Herbal Compress Balls. Video links will be emailed and are valid for 90-days.
Cancellation Policy / Student Gallery & Testimonials
Contact Sharon Brown-Horton / email@example.com
Call or Text 604-773-2645
More Edmonton Thai Massage Courses