The NHPC has strong relationships with insurance providers, as they often can be an essential part of a holistic health professional's practice.
Client Insurance Claims
All 2,200-hour massage therapy trained NHPC members are recognized and eligible for all insurance provider direct-billing systems in unregulated provinces and territories.
The NHPC has negotiated many eligibility agreements with insurance companies and advocates on the behalf of all NHPC-recognized modalities.
- advocates for the recognition of holistic health treatments in extended health/wellness plans
- promotes practitioner competencies
- supports members with eligibility requirements
- builds relationships with insurance benefits providers
Liability Insurance Coverage
There are two insurance options available for practising members:
- Insurance Option 1: Medical Malpractice and Commercial General Liability (CGL) — designed for practitioners who work in clinics without CGL, home-based, and mobile therapists.
- Insurance Option 2: Medical Malpractice only — designed for practitioners who work in clinics with CGL coverage.
Both types of coverage are national, so members retain insurance coverage with their membership if they relocate to a different area in Canada.
Medical Malpractice Insurance
- covers members in the case they fail to perform to standard — for example, unintentionally injure a client during a session
Commercial General Liability
- covers claims for personal injury, bodily injury, and property damage — often called "slip and fall insurance"
- is individual — it does not cover a business